Zucchini & Bacon Slice
My go-to recipe for a child-friendly, simple, nutritious dinner. Any leftovers make a great breakfast or lunch the following day. These are perfect for lunchboxes… Made with ingredients you find in your pantry and fridge – feel free to replace the vegetables with what you like or what you have on hand.
ZUCCHINI AND BACON SLICE (serves 4)
Ingredients: 2 large zucchinis, 1 carrot, ½ onion, 150g bacon, 100g grated cheese,
4 large eggs, 100g self-raising flour, 3 tsp olive oil, ¼ cup milk, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- First prep your vegetables: grate the zucchini and carrot; finely dice the onion and bacon.
- Heat up a pan and pop in 1tsp oil. Add onion and bacon and fry off for 5 minutes. Add the grated zucchini and carrot and cook for another 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Leave to cool.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk. Add the milk, flour and season with salt and pepper. Add grated cheese, 2tsp oil and the cooled vegetable/bacon mix.
- Mix well. Pour into oiled baking dish and cook for approximately 40 minutes.
- Serve with a side salad and salsa.
- HIGH IN PROTEIN: Essential for tissue repair and growth; builds and maintains muscle, bone and red blood cells; promotes satiety.
- ZUCCHINI is high in Vitamin C (improves immunity and promotes healing), and Vitamin A (required for bone growth & development.
Trackback from your site.